6.11.1 ssh connection issue

Hello everyone,

I have two unraid servers, both running 6.11.1.

From server A I can ssh into server B. I have public and private keys in place, so I can ssh without password, all fine.

But when I type "ssh -E ssh.log root@ip-of-server-A" into the console of server B, it doesn't work.

In the terminal there is no error message. Just no reaction until after a timeout ssh quits and the local prompt reappears.

The file ssh.log remains empty.

The syslog on the target server shows these two lines:

Oct 28 23:53:07 Fiz  sshd[13193]: Connection from 192.168.17.27 port 37468 on 192.168.17.28 port 22 rdomain ""
Oct 28 23:55:07 Fiz  sshd[13193]: fatal: Timeout before authentication for 192.168.17.27 port 37468

Also, when I just type ssh ip-of-server-A, the same happens. No password prompt, nothing.

Where can I look for further information or what can I try to fix this?

I managed to ssh into server A from my Desktop Computer and I managed to ssh into another server from server B.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Have a nice weekend.

Solution was to rename or delete /boot/config/ssh/ and then reboot. The directory is rebuilt after the reboot. Did this on both servers.

I wasn't able to identify what was wrong, but starting from a clean slate ended in a working setup.

Edited by kannznichkaufen