Plex stopped using my GPU

Travisw

I have been using Plex with Plex pass for several months.  I pass through a GTX760 using nvidia driver 470.141.03.  It worked up until I did the more resent Unraid update and required a reinstall of the drivers due to some issue in the release.  This solved the problem and allowed Plex to run again.  I also verified the was transcoding using watch nvidia-smi.  Everything was good.  Today I noticed my CPU was really working so I checked watch nvidia-smi and nothing was working.  Using Tautulli I can see Plex is transcoding using (HW) but for some reason its not using my GPU.  I shut plex down and checked my container to ensure it still had all the stuff needed for passing the GPU then restarted.  Still not working. If anyone has any idea I would appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/4/2022 at 7:26 PM, Travisw said:

I have been using Plex with Plex pass for several months.  I pass through a GTX760 using nvidia driver 470.141.03.  It worked up until I did the more resent Unraid update and required a reinstall of the drivers due to some issue in the release.  This solved the problem and allowed Plex to run again.  I also verified the was transcoding using watch nvidia-smi.  Everything was good.  Today I noticed my CPU was really working so I checked watch nvidia-smi and nothing was working.  Using Tautulli I can see Plex is transcoding using (HW) but for some reason its not using my GPU.  I shut plex down and checked my container to ensure it still had all the stuff needed for passing the GPU then restarted.  Still not working. If anyone has any idea I would appreciate it.

Same with me, never has worked
did you fix it ?