Upgrad to 6.11.2 break windows 11 VM

Go to solution Solved by hot22shot,

I've tried to upgrade my unraid server to 6.11.2 and my windows 11 VM stops working. I get an execution error referring to TPM. 

i am currently on 6.11.0 and my VM has always worked flawlessly . I didn't not do any custom mods to get TPM working originally i waited until the support was in the VM manager for it before i updated to windows 11 on the VM.

anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve the issue 

thanks....  I had looked through that one  but didnt think it had any info for my issue but on second read  it lead to another thread. boy what a rabbit hole.  I didn't pay much attention to the other thread at first  since they mentioned having to modify files and scripts to get TPM 2.0 working originally. I never had to do that when I did with  my VM so figured it wasn't  what was goin on but I was wrong.   I guess something changed on how stock integration was working  

I based off this comment 

upon looking at it again and deciding to see what my system looked like, I went to a terminal and checked ( /boot/extras ) I had all those files mentioned.   well shit lol 

image.png.79f7613ad8b6092bc7df6e1562214673.png

I didn't want to delete them didnt want to be completely dead in the water, so I just renamed them. After update to 6.11.3 and reboot my vm now is working perfectly again on the new version  yay .

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction 

Edited by rooster237
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...