New NAS build + NUC as docker/VMs - how to do this? Does it make sense?

Hi

I have very bad setup currently (using mostly for Plex + some small dockers and VMs). Bad in such way that I use USB drives...

Intel NUC 10th Gen i7 + 32GB + 2TB SSD cache + 3x 12TB drives via... USB (2 drives array + 1 for parity).

This is surprisely very stable and I got no issues with this but would like to expand array for next 2-3 drives so I want to move to proper build.

As I love this NUC as docker/VMs and its all configured - I would llike to leave it with cache drive + 1TB internal 2.5 HDD. This will work fine for me and I will not have to move any configuration.

Then build NAS from scratch and move these drives into SATA connection.

With 1Gb LAN - would it make sense for Plex to work from NUC but files located at NAS? How to mount new UNRAID NAS shares into NUC so it is most stable and quick?

And finally then with focus only on power efficency and silence what would you recommend as:

MOBO, CPU, PSU?

Case would be fractal node 804.

Keeping in mind that this would be NAS only, no VMs or dockers on this - just serve files for NUC and other LAN/WiFi devices.

Edited by Nicodem