How to install amdgpu pro driver?

Javen

I recently bought a 7950x and it comes with a iGPU. I would like to use it for Jellyfin decoding.

However, things are not that smooth.

I have installed Radeon top plugin and GPU statistics, passed through the iGPU to the jellyfin docker container though /dev/dri, changed the hw acceleration to AMF, but immediately I got an error when I play a movie.

I tried to dig out something in the jellyfin FFmepg log, it did mention some error as below:

[h264_amf @ 0x55e85663fc80] DLL libamfrt64.so.1 failed to open Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height corrupted size vs. prev_size in fastbins

After some search, some posts mentioned it need amdgpu pro driver. And I do remember that the driver is mentioned as a must in Jellyfin HW transcoding doc.

So, looks that manually install amdgpu pro is the only way? But how? I could download the close source linux driver somewhere and install, but isn't that unraid will wipe these customized things every reboot?

• 1 month later...