Unable to write to cache

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I woke up today and was unable to start any of the docket containers, rebooted the system and docker service is unable to start, tried to use the fix common problems plugin and it shows an error that unable to write to cache, cache drive is not full, not sure how to go about fixing this

If it helps here is the hardware

MSI z690 edge DDR4

Intel i5 12600k

Corsair LPX 2x16GB

3x 18TB exos (including 1 parity)

1x samsung evo 980 pro 2TB

Server was built less than 10 days ago, havent had any other issues, any help is greatly appreciated

Diagnostic file attached

hydra-diagnostics-20221117-0812.zip

Edited by ahmed2250
  • ahmed2250 changed the title to Unable to write to cache

Thank you for the reply, so i just started the memtest86 a few minutes ago and I already have 2 errors showing, does that mean I need new dimms ? it's just weird that these are newly bought ones and never been used before, should I be going for ECC DDR4 or do I just buy normal DDR4 ?

Edit: not sure if it matters but I have XMP enabled in bios, will that show errors in memtest or cuased the issue with the server ?

Edited by ahmed2250
  • Solution
12 minutes ago, ahmed2250 said:

does that mean I need new dimms ?

Yes, at least one.

13 minutes ago, ahmed2250 said:

Edit: not sure if it matters but I have XMP enabled in bios, will that show errors in memtest or cuased the issue with the server ?

It still means the RAM is bad, though for servers overclocking is usually not recommended, and XMP is overclocking.

Just to say for someone with almost zero knowledge of linux based systems and building a PC/server for the very first time is a very scary thing, what actually motivated me was this community right here, i saw so many people seeking answers and everyone gets the help they needed.

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and time

• Like 1