vmware esxi free vs unraid paid version - number of vCPU per VM

Go to solution Solved by 1812,

hello

1. VMware esxi free has a limit of 8 * vCPU's per VM. Can I use any Unraid paid versions to get over this limit?
  2. Am buying a refurbished server with 256 GB RAM and 20 Core/40 * vCPU's  to run multiple lab environments. Can we use any Unraid paid versions on such a server?
  3. Is community forum only way to get help on paid versions of Unraid? I tried to create an Ubuntu VM on basic version of Unraid and it works but when I edit settings and try to map a shared drive to the VM, the IP interface gets disabled. When I disabled sharing the IP interface springs back to life !

Sunny

• Solution
4 hours ago, Sunnytemp said:

hello

1. VMware esxi free has a limit of 8 * vCPU's per VM. Can I use any Unraid paid versions to get over this limit?
  2. Am buying a refurbished server with 256 GB RAM and 20 Core/40 * vCPU's  to run multiple lab environments. Can we use any Unraid paid versions on such a server?
  3. Is community forum only way to get help on paid versions of Unraid? I tried to create an Ubuntu VM on basic version of Unraid and it works but when I edit settings and try to map a shared drive to the VM, the IP interface gets disabled. When I disabled sharing the IP interface springs back to life !

Sunny

1.  you can assign as many cores as you have to your vm or a number of vm's. 

2.  Any level of unRaid does this. The difference in the levels is the amount of disks you can attach. you can assign whatever and however many cores to any vm, and even stack vm's on the same cores (though you'll get an understandable performance penalty.) You can even isolate the cores away from unRaid running as host and reserve the cores to only be used by the vm's you choose.

3. open a question in the appropriate place on the forum and someone will probably be able to help you with that. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...