Disk UUID has changed

RT87

Hi,

I changed my pool drive from an internal SATA conncetion to an external (SATA case plugged in as regular USB; I know it's not exactly "recommended" to do so). Now it doesn't recognize the disk since apparently the UUID has changed (I assume the SATA case transmits the ID of the controller chip or similar).

Can I explicitly tell UNRAID to recognize this drive as the one that has been in that exact position? I.e. by manually changing the UUID mapping?

Alternatively, how can I resolve this situation without compromising my pool?

Best and thanks

Richard

There's no parity drive for pools, assuming you still mean a pool and not the array you can fix that by unassigning the pool device, start array, stop array, re-assign the device, start array.

Note that some USB bridges are not transparent, i.e., it won't detect the old partition, if that happens don't format.

sry, Ich meant "cache pool" (which to my knowledge have parties or at least redundancy, although I haven't used that so far)

Does your answer still apply? Because I can start the array, even though the next to the cache disk it says "Wrong", but I am unsure of what will be the result...

Edited by RT87