USB Died - How do I recover?

jowiedog
Go to solution Solved by jowiedog,

Hi Guys, I need some urgent advice.

My USB died, so I have replaced this with another one. However the backup I took is actually on the array, so I cannot restore from backup because I cannot access the disk.

Can I just follow the Unraid install step, bring the array back online, using same disks in the correct areas, get the backup and recover?

I am just worried about my data. I have been using the plugs for backing up docker and flash etc. but I didnt get chance to take them offline?

any help would be great.

thanks

So I have managed to get the backup off the array, however when I go to USB Creator and look for local zip, it doesnt show anything, so I have zipped up the folder flashdrivebackup but its not recognised (using Mac OS)

I have copied the entire contents of the flash drive backup folder to the USB stick and this boots into Unraid without any issues. Only problem is that it doesnt remember my array configuration and its duplicated all the cache pools.

Suppose I could add the disks back into the array but just concerned it might over write the data. Assuming Parity drive will rebuild itself?

• 1 year later...