Unable to get Unraid to boot when LSI 9211-8i is installed

Hi,

I recently had a drive drop out of my array (Seagate Ironwolf Pro 4TB). I was running 3 drives on PCI SATA expansion cards, and figured that maybe the one it was hooked up to had failed, since the drive is less than a year old. I decided to use the opportunity to move to an LSI 9211-8i from theartofserver on ebay. The 9211 appears to be working fine (shows up in post, I can use ctrl+c to get into config mode and see my three drives. If I go into the motherboard BIOS, I can see all three drives there). But Unraid will not boot. I've checked my boot order I don't know how many times (Kingston flash drive is at the top of the list in MB BIOS), but I get stuck on "Loading Operating System..." whenever the 9211 is installed. If I remove it from the PCI slot, Unraid boots fine immediately after reaching the "Loading Operating System..." step.

Does anyone have any ideas for me? My motherboard is an older Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 from my last gaming rig. I do have several other drives hooked up to the motherboard SATA ports.

If you see the lsi config menu, it possible that you are still in legacy mode or have CSM activated in your uefi.
You should try disactivate CSM or go full uefi.
I had a similar problem with an HP p410 on a dell motherboard. Impossible to boot until I get ride of any legacy related option in the uefi.
The downside is that you can't acces the card config utility but if it's in it mode, you don't really need it.

Envoyé de mon S88Plus en utilisant Tapatalk