HDDs in Enclosure, Then Shucked

st34m

Hello everyone,

This is my first home server, so I am a very unexperienced user. I started with a small HTPC then ugpraded to a better mATX PC. The problem is, I was using HDDs in their enclosures on HTPC then I upgraded to mATX PC and shucked all drives. Now my unraid doesn't recognize the drives except the parity HDD, because I think the ID numbers with and without enclosures are different. To summarize:

1st config: HTPC with all drives connected at USB ports

Final config: mATX PC with all drives shucked (using SATA3 ports)

Is there a way to fix this easily? Without putting Disk 1 or 2 in the enclosure and building the other from parity?

Thanks!

resim.png.bc12ab252caef57aeac0798876c23dcf.png

4 hours ago, st34m said:

because I think the ID numbers with and without enclosures are different

If only that, you can use "tools", "new config" and Preserve current assignments. Then mark parity is valid and start array.

4 hours ago, st34m said:

Without putting Disk 1 or 2 in the enclosure and building the other from parity?

If either data disk show unmountable ( because USB-SATA bridge not transparent ), you may need rebuild them individual.

If both also mountable, you should check any file abnormal or missing then perform parity check to ensure parity integrity.