ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax [Secureboot related]

NoobSpy

Hi,

I just upgraded from a B450 Amd system for UNRaid to the ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax. This is my first fairly new-ish board and don’t understand all the terminology. In previous cases I could just stick my UNRIAD usb in a new system and not perfect but it at least it would boot.

• Now I cannot boot anything else but and usb with a fresh Windows install on it. Not even an USB with Ubuntu on it
  • There is an option in the BIOS to disable Secrureboot but after a reboot it’s enabled again
  • I get the ‘Secure boot violation invalid signature detected’ From what I read online is to load the EFI profile into to by choosing custom and ENROLL Image
  • I can select the bootx64.efi from the list it lets me browse but it wont load the profile and returns with failed.

Honestly I am at a loss what to do now as it was stupid of me to upgrade this system during weekdays as files related to my work are on the system. Any help appreciated to resolve this problem

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Vr2Io said:

Try 'OS type' setting in BIOS, set to 'other OS' instead 'Windows'

I can't seem to find such a setting anywhere. Under what tab should it be you think?

-- Edit: Found a screenshot from Asus that has it. But Asrock does not seem to have this feature. Or maybe it's called somethign else.

-- Edit: I changes some settings and it worked. Not sure why or how but it worked for now.

Edited by NoobSpy
  • Like 1