How to install Supermicro Supero Doctor????

ash.881

Hi everyone, first post. (I hope this is the correct section)

I've just setup my first Unraid server. Following the setup guides and tutorials on here with no problems.

However I would like to install the Supermicro remote management software, Supero Doctor to remotely monitor system properties. See here:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/software/SuperODoctorIII.cfm

I am however completely and totally new to anything linux related.

I have downloaded the tar file and have found the readme and install notes:

[ftp=ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/utility/Supero_Doctor_II/Linux/README.txt]ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/utility/Supero_Doctor_II/Linux/README.txt[/ftp]

[ftp=ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/utility/Supero_Doctor_II/Linux/INSTALL.txt]ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/utility/Supero_Doctor_II/Linux/INSTALL.txt[/ftp]

I put the tar file on the Unraid USB and managed to telnet into the server and extract the tar file but I really have no idea what I am doing, I was just blindly following the instructions..

Is anyone able to take a quick look at the install notes and dumb it down a bit so I can get it up and running.

I did search for any info before posting this thread, and found absolutely nothing on the subject, which I thought was pretty weird since Supermicro boards seem pretty popular. Perhaps it's not possible with Unraid??

Thanks, Ash

Because of the way UnRaid works, it isn't possible to install software on it using the regular installation procedures. During boot, the root filesystem (contained in the bzroot file) is read from a file on the flashdrive and then kept in RAM while the server is running. Changes to this filesystem aren't saved anywhere, so any third party software you want to use will need to be installed at each boot.

From the info on the page you linked, the options in this software for Linux are fairly limited. In fact, installing UnMenu with some of the optional packages will likely give you far more useful options and info with a lot less of a headache :)

Archived