Folder access control issues with different users in a Share in UnRaid update 6.11.5

alakhshubh
Go to solution Solved by alakhshubh,

Hey guys,

This is issue I've been noticing since a long time after I updated to Unraid 6.11.5.

So I have 2 users created which I use to set access control for different shares on my UnRaid server.

Since a few days I'm noticing, a share with all access to both the users is unable to go into a specific folder into the share created by the other user.

Eg. 'User1' created a folder in a Share named 'User Data' and added files into this folder.

Here the 'User2' isn't able to access the folder while having full Read\Write access.

And I'm getting a error something like this:

image.png.29b34690b2be27f5a86c7c7c3c5c5c0c.png

To solve this issue I'm needed to put credentials of the 'User1' into the computer just to get access of one perticular folder.

And the issue is just messed up even more when both the users create more files and folders onto the Share and unable to Files\Folders created by one another.

Any help will be appreciated.

PS: All the SMB settings are reviewd already.

Windows tries to be helpful (and fails pathetically) and cache credentials for you.  You should clear out the credentials from Credential Manager in Windows and try again.

Note that Windows does also not allow you (easily) to use two different sets of credentials at the same time to different network shares

• Solution

@Squid Already tried and done with that. Also tried on a newly installed Windows 10 Machine.

Also tried downgrading unRaid, tried with a fresh install of UnRaid's latest version, tried with a fresh install of UnRaid's older version, but no luck.

Eventually I had to delete the Share on which this issue existed and created a new share.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

But I had the hassle to backup everything on that Share to another drive. Delete the share and then creating a new one.