Suspected Container Corruption after Power Issues

RuMORDen

Good morning,

My lscr.io plex container appears to be corrupted after recent power-related issues. The container will start but the server will never open port 32400 for the service. I suspect corruption of this particular container because all other containers continue to function correctly and install of an alternate container from a different provider works normally. Removal/Reinstall of the container does not resolve the issue.

I'm working with lscr.io support on the specifics of their container but from this forum I'm curious what I should expect when I remove a container from Docker in Unraid. For example, when I remove the lscr.io app I still maintain a directory structure at /mnt/user/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server. Is that expected or is this part of the issue I'm experiencing and related to why I can't uninstall/reinstall to resolve my issue?

Usually you want to keep the appdata if you intend to reinstall so it can pick up where it left off. If you delete the appdata for plex and reinstall, it will be a completely fresh plex that you will have to setup again and let it rescan your libraries.

Possibly that plex appdata contains a corrupt plex database. Do you have an appdata backup for plex? I think plex also keeps its own backup, you might want to search on the plex forums on how to restore that.

You have really posted in the wrong place. You can go directly to the correct support thread for this docker by clicking on its icon and selecting Support.

If you want to continue the discussion on the support thread I can lock this thread. Best to keep everything in one place so we can coordinate replies.

trurl,

Thanks for the advice. I started with the linuxserver docker support as you suggested but then decided to come here as they just were not very helpful. Maybe it's just a bad day for all of us.

If I'd been more patient, I'd have tried your suggestions but I did wind up nuking appdata from orbit and starting from scratch. We're back in business and scanning away. I will definitely look into db backup to avoid this in the future.