(SOLVED) Broadcom 10g network LAN card driver for unRAID

airport
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

The only NICs being currently detected are these:

06:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1521] (rev 01)
    DeviceName: Onboard Intel Ethernet 1
    Subsystem: Super Micro Computer Inc I350 Gigabit Network Connection [15d9:1521]
    Kernel driver in use: igb
    Kernel modules: igb
06:00.1 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1521] (rev 01)
    DeviceName: Onboard Intel Ethernet 2
06:00.2 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1521] (rev 01)
    DeviceName: Onboard Intel Ethernet 3
06:00.3 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1521] (rev 01)
    DeviceName: Onboard Intel Ethernet 4

This is not a software problem, you can try the NIC in a different PCIe slot if available, or another computer to confirm it's working.

• airport changed the title to (SOLVED) Broadcom 10g network LAN card driver for unRAID

It could be there aren't enough PCI-e lanes, limited either by BIOS, CPU, chipset or physical electrical contacts, as well as there is also the possibility of power delivery creating the limiting factor.

Try turn off some PCI stuff from BIOS/UEFI to see if the PCIe connection starts working. Didn't look inside the attached diagnostics, what is the motherboard and all PCIe chips and devices attached?

6 hours ago, GRRRRRRR said:

It could be there aren't enough PCI-e lanes, limited either by BIOS, CPU, chipset or physical electrical contacts, as well as there is also the possibility of power delivery creating the limiting factor.

Try turn off some PCI stuff from BIOS/UEFI to see if the PCIe connection starts working. Didn't look inside the attached diagnostics, what is the motherboard and all PCIe chips and devices attached?

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll try another NIC in my Supermicro mainboard and inform you then.

Regards,

Dear all,

After search and read the manual of my Mainboard Supermicro X9DR3-LN4F+ I find out mainboard supports Dual Socket Intel® Xeon® processor but now I installed only one CPU so some PCI-E slots did not work, after change my NIC card to the last of PCI-E slot it is working now, so happy (before that I changed 2 times iin slot 1 and 2).

Thank you very much for yours help.
Conclution that my unRAID can work very well with my Broadcom 10g.
Regards,

1mehien-diagnostics-20230224-0921.zip

Edited by airport
  • Like 2