ECC Ram selection for AMD Ryzen7 1700 (upgrading to 5700 prob) on Asrock Taichi x370

Garbonzo

I picked this an ASROCK x370 Taichi w/1700 and 16gb up to upgrade my current setup (defined here if background wanted): 

Spoiler

So I was really just looking for a solid board, but this asrock happened to include a ryzen 1700 and 16gb of gskill non-ecc (GSkill F4-3200C16D). I am now officially in the add more non-ecc or just get 32gb of ecc boat... but that piece of mind I want feels within reach... 
When I started to look at upgrading the bios to support a 5000 series which is a one-way trip, it seemed like memory timings could be a trip-up... so I am looking for people with ANY insight that might be helpful as to type, speed, etc.. I generally am dealing with older surplus server gear, but mixing with consumer gear isn't something I have done much of... I don't want to end up with some weird combo that AMD or the board doesn't like for whatever reason, since NONE of this is "certified" by AMD/Asrock.... 
(as a side, any insight on upgrading to 5000 series vs maybe a 3000 series (if even worth it) if the 3000 is less problematic since there was room for that upgrade, whereas the 5000 is kinda shoe-horned in the bios.  The Ryzen 7 1700 is replacing dual xeon x5680's so really it'll probably do everything I need, since the xeons are fine, but the dell t7500 is too loud and packed full so airflow is the issue)

As always, thanks in advance,

-G 

p.s. the only outstanding purchase left is a 2tb nvme drive... again, 1tb is probably plenty, but brand/series suggestions that will give good reliability and speed, though speed isn't likely an issue as will probably be gen4 on my board that maxes gen3 iirc...  but I had in mind a Samsung 9xx pro or something like that, it will be replacing my current sata ssd cache (1tb skhynix). So really its a minor speed bump probably over sata ssd, I have mixed feelings on the value of doing it... so insight welcomed and appreciated. 

Edited by Garbonzo
added p.s. about ssd