Docker (Nextcloud) retains config even after appdata folder was deleted

Einzigstes
Go to solution Solved by MAM59,

Hello.

Today, I added a second drive to my chache-Pool to set the drives to a RAID 1 configuration.

I noticed, that I needed to format the drive. So I moved most stuff onto the array and used the appdata backup/restore plugin to create a backup of my appdata.

I am now trying to set everything up again. Most things seem to be working fine, but there were a few weired things.

However, everything is now working fine (Plex, Pihole, Syncthing etc.) and had the right configuration of the template right away (except Plex...).

But just now I tried installing Nextcloud with MariaDB (both Linuxserver's Images) and I ran into problems. I then tried removing the docker and deleting the 'nextcloud' and 'mariadb' folder from the appdata directory to do a fresh install, as I wanted to change the data location anyways.

But even though, I deleted the Images, deleted the appdata-folders and even changed the installation-path, nextcloud still has traces of the old configuration.

This includes files (although they are displayed as offline) and all previous user-accounts are still there, including the admin-user. 

I think the problem may have been caused by setting all the shares to cache yes and starting the mover before doing the appdata backup.

That probably wasn't the best thing to do.

I already considered deleting the docker image and starting over.

Is there an easier way to reset just those two dockers?

Thanks!

server1-diagnostics-20230227-2306.zip

you need to stop nextcloud, enter the shell for mariadb and delete the old nextcloud database.

then restart nextcloud and the fresh "where is my database and what shall i do" wizzard will pop up.

I guess your data folder for mariadb is not within the appdata area.

What you currently see is an old database containing former users and links to old files (that do not exist in real anymore, therefor are shown to be "offline").

6 hours ago, MAM59 said:

you need to stop nextcloud, enter the shell for mariadb and delete the old nextcloud database.

then restart nextcloud and the fresh "where is my database and what shall i do" wizzard will pop up.

I guess your data folder for mariadb is not within the appdata area.

What you currently see is an old database containing former users and links to old files (that do not exist in real anymore, therefor are shown to be "offline").

Thank you!

I was able to do a clean reinstall of mariadb (i think). I got Nextcloud working and everything seemed to work fine. However, as I tried to create a new user, there was an error in nextcloud saying, that files from that account already exist and the user could not be created. I then opend the mariadb shell. There is only one database (that I created), and it's the one after the clean reinstall. (I deleted the docker template file and appdata folder after uninstall).

I listed the users within the database and only my admin-user shows up. Now I am unsure on what to do. I could just rename that user and it may be fine but I don't want there to be any problems in the future...

Is there any other place, where data could be stored?

image.png.8ac743e2062650c152be84ed3fc98a72.png

• Solution
2 hours ago, Einzigstes said:

Is there any other place, where data could be stored?

yeah, in the "data" folder of nextcloud (dunno where the docker has mapped it too, I HATE DOCKERS!). There could be a subfolder named after the user, containing old files.

But there should be no problem recreating the same user again, he just will get back his private files then.

19 hours ago, MAM59 said:

yeah, in the "data" folder of nextcloud (dunno where the docker has mapped it too, I HATE DOCKERS!). There could be a subfolder named after the user, containing old files.

But there should be no problem recreating the same user again, he just will get back his private files then.

Nextcloud automatically created user-data it got from the old database. I deleted the /data folder and now I've got a clean nextcloud installation.

Thank you for the help!