HHDs are spinning 24h

mathomas3

Hello all,

Current hardware - Dell r430 - HP DAS 24 bay with 2 HBA?s(two controller cards)

I recently updated my server from an old HP ddr3 1u to a dell r430 chassis and while we were trouble shooting the system, it was suggested that I break the multipath(server-hba-hba-server) loops due to UnRaid not supporting this setup... I removed the cable connecting the two HBAs together but kept the server connected to both controllers thus breaking the loop... 

Since that time, none of the HDDs will spin down devoid of what time it is... I suspect that I will need to remove one of the cables to the Controllers but I would ask that someone confirm that this might be the cause of the HHD spinning 24h...

Also I have 3 SSDs that are in the DAS that I would like to move into the r430 chassis... with the HP they were not recognized correctly, thus breaking the cache and app pools... What would be the best steps to attempt this? I suspect that the raid controller on the r430 will be a big reason as to if I can do this... the chassis RAID controller is a LSI MegaRAID SAS-3 3008

Thank you for considering these questions and have a good week/day :)