screen - Cannot find terminfo entry for 'vt100'

queeg

unRAID: 4.7

When I try to start a process in a screen from a script; it's only saying "Cannot find terminfo entry for 'vt100'

Such as this example:

/usr/bin/screen -T linux -dmUS top top

"screen -list " shows all the screens.  Trying to reattach to any started by code returns only the error shown above.  Trying to reattach to any started manually works fine.

screen_vt100.jpg.845a6bfd5ed0de9007a286f1d60bb6b0.jpg

• 2 months later...

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I hit this error for a different reason (just trying to run screen, not calling it from a script) and this was the only search result that came up.  I wanted to append my results just in case anyone else finds this thread via a search.

I received this error using SecureCRT, my preferred telnet/SSH client, when trying to run the "screen" command just as one would normally.  What I found is that SecureCRT uses VT100 as a default emulation type and screen appears incompatible with that emulation.  You can try using different emulationsfor the connection, but I solved it by just using Putty.  In my case, there was no need to run the command or edit the go script referenced in this thread.

Archived