DL380 G7 dead?

Fffrank

DL380 G7 has basically been up for almost 10 years without issue. It's in a dusty and humid environment but I've never had any trouble (and surprisingly with the cover removed there's no sign of corrosion and very little dust.) I push the power button and fans spin up, lights start to blink and then it just..... turns back off?  

Amber power light and red system health light (blinking) are the only errors reported. No other warning lights lit. Only green lights on the inside.

Have swapped power supplies and it made no difference.  Using factory heavy duty cables (possible one bad cable but I am getting green lights on the power supplies and think it would still boot with 1 good p/s..... right?

iLO working as expected and no error messages in the logs.

Anyone have any other ideas I can try?

1 hour ago, KingfisherUK said:

Former HP tech here - I have a DL380 G6 at home (basically the same server, only motherboard is slightly different to the G7) and had this once. I'd reseat the CPU(s), RAM and riser card and If still no joy then it's likely the system board has died unfortunately.

Thanks!  I appreciate the response.  Have reseated everything and ordered a new power backplane as well as mainboard.  Luckily parts for these old girls are cheap.

• Like 1