Removed Wireguard tunnel that was in use by Dockers, cannot access server via SSH or webgui

Go to solution Solved by KidsTheseDays,

Just now I had my VPN stop completing handshakes, so I added a new tunnel/server and deleted the original 'wg0' tunnel. Upon doing so, I immediately lost access to the webgui and I was unable to access SSH via PuTTY. I powered down the server by pressing the power button on the case, which was successful in shutting down. I did so hoping a reboot would allow me to regain access to the webgui. Unfortunately that did not work. Certain docker apps are web accessible (but not all, including Plex) which were not tunneled through wg0, but everything else is inaccessible including SSH.

I have backup of my flash drive thanks to Unraid's online backup, but I'm not sure where I would access the log file as I know that is normally asked for in these cases. Sorry I'm relatively inexperienced with Linux or cli other than the very basics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I'm looking through the flash backup which appears to have a wireguard folder inside the config folder. Would it be possible to shutdown (hopefully successfully) the server again, remove the usb drive to copy the BACKUP wireguard folder to the Unraid usb flash drive and possibly solve my issue? I will try to wait for a response before attempting.

Edited by KidsTheseDays
Fixed after overwriting wireguard config folder from backup
  • Solution

Was about to power down the server successfully (interrupting a parity check) and replace the wireguard config folder with the one from backup. Still in the process of getting the tunnel correctly set back up, but marking as solved as I'm now able to access the webgui after doing so.

Edit: of course that was not a simple solution as it isn't allowing me to ping ANY added tunnel now... deleted the 'wireguard' folder inside config on the boot drive, hoping this will allow me to use Wireguard again.

Edit 2: Lo and behold, this was probably all temporary server issues on Mullvad's side. Tried a completely different location which worked right away. Not sure if there was issue any issue on my end to begin with.... as usual, basically my bad and user error

Edited by KidsTheseDays