Shares spontaneously unmount from Mac OS after 6.11.5 upgrade

riconaps

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I have the same issue. Trying to do an initial Time Machine backup on my M1 Ventura Mac and it will randomly lose connection to the Samba share. It's now over 5 days it's been doing intermittent backups and yet to finish due to the issue.

Tried different Samba configs on Unraid server based on what I've been reading on this forum, but to no avail. So not sure exactly where the problem lies, on the mac itself or something with the Samba version Unraid 6.11.5 is using.

That's a useful piece of data:  I'm using Intel Macs with older (10.14, 10.15) OS versions but if the problem happens with the latest hardware and software then it's probably neither of those.  I rolled back to Unraid 6.9.2 and the SMB issue is gone.  Will live with the macvlan warnings for now since they don't seem related to any actual problems.  I have the unmounting issue with Time Machine shares as well as ordinary SMB shares.