aws-cli

Eddie Seelke

I am trying to get aws-cli running on my unRAID server so I can use it with user-scripts. I have un-get installed and was able to install aws-cli using it. It seems it does not handle dependencies, so I am going through until I find them all. I already had python installed. So far, I have installed the following packages.

un-get install aws-cli python-botocore python-jmespath python-dateutil python-six python-urllib3 colorama python-docutils python-PyYAML python-s3transfer rsa pyasn1

Now I am getting the following error when trying to run the aws command.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/aws", line 27, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/bin/aws", line 23, in main
    return awscli.clidriver.main()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/awscli/clidriver.py", line 69, in main
    driver = create_clidriver()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/awscli/clidriver.py", line 78, in create_clidriver
    load_plugins(session.full_config.get('plugins', {}),
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/awscli/plugin.py", line 44, in load_plugins
    modules = _import_plugins(plugin_mapping)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/awscli/plugin.py", line 61, in _import_plugins
    module = __import__(path, fromlist=[module])
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/awscli/handlers.py", line 34, in <module>
    from awscli.customizations.codedeploy.codedeploy import initialize as \
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/awscli/customizations/codedeploy/codedeploy.py", line 17, in <module>
    from awscli.customizations.codedeploy.push import Push
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/awscli/customizations/codedeploy/push.py", line 24, in <module>
    from awscli.customizations.codedeploy.utils import validate_s3_location
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/awscli/customizations/codedeploy/utils.py", line 19, in <module>
    from awscli.customizations.codedeploy.systems import System, Ubuntu, Windows, RHEL
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/awscli/customizations/codedeploy/systems.py", line 14, in <module>
    import ctypes
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/ctypes/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from _ctypes import Union, Structure, Array
ImportError: libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm not sure where to go from here and was hoping someone here may be able to help.

• 8 months later...

Are you still having troubles with this? I got the AWS CLI working by installing it via docker, mounting a drive from the NAS that has the .config and .credentials files so I could then use it with multiple profiles. I wanted an easy way of running it to perform some off-prem backups to S3 so I then use the User Scripts plugin to create a bash script that installed it via docker and then ran the commands I need.

I put together a simple GIST using an example of listing the S3 bucket: https://gist.github.com/StevenMapes/f7a9959f9bac076219421664fa4165f3

Obviously that doesn't cover setting up the IAMs but it's the cleanest way I've found of using the AWS CLI with Unraid