Array will no longer start

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi,

I am having issues with my array no longer starting. When I click start it just hangs indefinitely. I am able to start in maintenance mode, and I ran xfs_repair on both of my disks, but am still unable to start the array. I am almost certain that my docker image was corrupted as I was working with docker when I last was able to start the array and the docker service keeps giving a failed to start error. I have the docker service currently disabled. I have tried rebooting unraid server times to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! attached are the diagnostics, following a reboot after an unsuccessful array start.

archipelago-diagnostics-20230412-1703.zip

Unfortunately there's nothing logged that I can see:

Apr 13 15:23:13 archipelago  emhttpd: Mounting disks...
Apr 13 16:54:40 archipelago  shutdown[15113]: shutting down for system halt

Since you don't have parity you could try starting with just disk1 or just disk2 to see if there's any difference.

OK I was (weirdly) able to start the array right after posting the previous comment so I am going to pull the data off. From the SMART data giving a read fail I assume my best course of action is to remove/replace the drive and make sure I get a parity drive going?

Edit to add: Is there a way to have unraid move the data from disk2 to the functioning disk1 to keep the docker appdata and everything? I know how to do it through the terminal, I guess I am asking is: will unraid still be able to find everything if it is moved from disk2 to disk1 or is there an inbuilt functionality to do the move and keep any mappings correct?

Edited by dradiation
extra question
  • Solution
15 hours ago, dradiation said:

From the SMART data giving a read fail I assume my best course of action is to remove/replace the drive and make sure I get a parity drive going?

Yes.

15 hours ago, dradiation said:

Is there a way to have unraid move the data from disk2 to the functioning disk1 to keep the docker appdata and everything?

Only manually, and if all everything is using /mnt/user it will still keep working.