We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

ZFS pool errors: 3 data errors, use '-v' for a list

Hey all,

my zfs pool started scrubbing last night; it found 3 data errors so far. the pool is still scrubbing, I have no idea when is it going to be end. What should I do? Should I just wait?

I am currently running 6.12.0 RC2. This build isn't so stable. It freezes the Unraid OS once in a while and I have to force restart the Unraid for few times (Can't login GUI or SSH into Unraid). I don't know if this is the cause of data errors.

Thanks,

Wing

Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 12.35.59 PM.png

25 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Zfs is detecting data corruption, RAM is usually the main suspect, and since Ryzen with overclock RAM like you have is known to corrupt data, start here, after correcting that run another scrub, if the same errors are found delete/restore those files from a backup.

i see, as i recall, the rams are default @3200. 

i checked this post again "What can I do to keep my Ryzen based server from crashing/locking up with Unraid?"

Power Supply Idle Control already set it to typical current idle and C-States has been disabled.

for the ram setting, i see this image in the post. I have 4 sticks in the build; should i change the clock speed @2667 for a stable build?

Wing

1543591904_3rdgen copy.jpg

Edited by winglam