New hard drives not detected by unraid

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I currently have an array running 7 4TB disks (5 data, 2 parity) with an Unraid Pro license. I also have a handful of cache drives (6 ssds contributing to pools in various ways). The disks run off a combination of motherboard SATA ports and a PCIe card with additional sata ports, plus a couple cache drives are attached via NVMe.

I want to upgrade my array to use 14TB disks instead of 4TB disks. I bought my first batch of hard drives; 4 14TB WD disks. For starters, I disconnected a single parity drive and replaced it with one of the 14TB drives. When I rebooted I was expecting to be able to make that drive the parity drive, let it rebuild, and then do it the same thing with the other parity drive. Then I'd be ready to add the other 14TB disks to the array.

However, the new drive wasn't detected; it didn't show up at all. I tried with two of the other drives and also tried connecting it to its own power connector (with no daisy chain), switching whether it was connected to motherboard sata or pcie sata, and I tried a couple of the other drives as well. I also tried putting those drives in a windows machine which recognized them immediately and without any problems.

I'm not able to see the drives as boot devices in the bios, but I'm not able to see any of the other array disks either so I'm not sure how to tell if they're being detected at the bios level.

Feels like I'm missing something basic. I've attached my diagnostics. Any idea why these new drives aren't being detected?

dorcas-diagnostics-20230418-0704.zip