Recover from double drive issues

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi.
I'm having some trouble with 2 of my drives and I'm here to ask how to proceed.
My setup is 1x parity, 7x data drives, and 1x cache drive. Cache is an internal drive, all other drives are in an external drive cage.

The connection to the drive cage is not perfect, especially for disk6, and sometimes it gets disconnected.

This happened again yesterday, disk 6 started throwing errors and got disabled, so I started with my usual procedure, I stopped the array, unassigned disk 6, checked all cables, tested the drive, reassigned it, and started data rebuild. Until this point, there was no problem.

The rebuild should have finished today around the middle of the morning, but this evening I returned home and noticed that the rebuild was still not complete so I started looking for possible causes and I noticed a lot of errors on my parity drive. The drive was not disabled but I was unable to access it. My guess is that I have another connection issue, but it is strange since I checked all cables yesterday.

Now my system is not responding and if I force the shutdown it would usually trigger a parity rebuild, but I don't know how it will behave now since I have 2 drives with errors. 

Since the parity shouldn't have had many writes during the day I guess my best option is to trust the parity and retry to rebuild disk 6 from it, even if I get some corrupted files it's still better than losing the entire disk.
I've read the guide about trusting the parity but I'm not sure if it applies in this situation.

Is my reasoning sound? Do you have any alternative to suggest? And if I'm right can I just follow the parity trusting guide?

Thank you in advance for the help.