synthetic_pathref warning on all files - Memeory log 100%

Go to solution Solved by Simon.B,

Hi 

I'm new to UNRAID, and been messing around with it for the first time this weekend. I like it but I have a few problems.

I would like to tackle this one first.

I started copying a large number of files to my new Array. when I got back to check the progress, I saw that my Memory log was at 100%. 

Looking at the syslog I see these lines on every single file I copy:

Apr 23 20:17:56 DarkHelmet-Srv  smbd[23820]: [2023/04/23 20:17:56.192252,  0] ../../source3/smbd/files.c:1199(synthetic_pathref)
Apr 23 20:17:56 DarkHelmet-Srv  smbd[23820]:   synthetic_pathref: opening [E-Drive/TV-Shows/The IT Crowd/The.IT.Crowd.S01.DVDRip.XviD-TB/The.IT.Crowd.S01E01.REALLY.REAL.PROPER.WS.DVDRip.XviD-iNGOT/the.it.crowd.s01e01.dvdrip.xvid-ingot.avi] failed

I believe I'm running pretty much vanilla, the only thing I've messed around with is the cache on my backup share. 

My cache ran full at some point, and I could not get it to move the data to the array. so I tried removeing the cache from the backup share. and deleted the files that were left in cache. 

Now I've turned the cache back on, because the "fix common problems" mentioned the cache thing. 

"Fix Common problems" plugin now have no warnings left. 

The file transfer seems to work though, the file is copied to he UNRAID share, and I can use the file there.

How do I fix of these synthetic_pathref warnings ?

darkhelmet-srv-diagnostics-20230423-1959.zip