Having a problem with random crashes.

I've had a lot of issues as of late with my server "crashing". To be honest, I'm not sure what it's actually doing. I notice it when I can't reach my dockers or VMs anymore. Physical server is still up and running, but doesn't respond to KB (monitor doesn't wake up etc).

I'm having a real hard time figuring out what's exactly causing it (software, OS, hardware) as it's happening at all random times of the day - sometimes multiple times a day, other times not for days on end.

Are there any logs in unRAID that I might be able to parse through to see if there's any clues buried in there? I'm sort of flying completely blind here.

Anything you can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

10 hours ago, apandey said:

I would run a few cycles of memtest86 to rule out any basic hardware issues

Then I would configure a remote syslog server if possible, or at least syslog mirror to flash if the problem happens frequently to see what gets logged leading up to the hang

yeah I planned on running memtest this weekend to see if that's a problem.

thanks for the note on syslog server/mirror. I will look into those and report back with any findings on either.