Connect Plugin feature/UI request

Really simple request... I have 3 Unraid servers and really like the Connect Plugin dashboard. One place to get a quick look at everything and a jumping off point to each server. I'm sure we'll see move information added to this dashboard over time.

For now I would like to suggest adding a link on the dashboard for each server to go directly to the management screen of each server. Currently this requires a click on "Manage" and then a click on one of the 3 links to mange the server. I use the plugin to jump to each server and a link on the dashboard would save me many clicks a day.

• 2 weeks later...

ljm42,

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'd already provisioned all my servers with myunraid.net certificates. My suggestion is a change to the GUI interface. From the first screen/page of the Connect plugin I see this (thereare two other servers but no need to show them);

1995567453_ScreenShot2023-05-20at12_16_56AM.thumb.png.31248be15c96dae15a0234cc3993fa26.png

In order to access the Main management screen I must click on "Manage" above. Next I see this;

40044287_ScreenShot2023-05-20at12_17_11AM.thumb.png.09e11a253dc41cc00a713b338f1c939d.png

Clicking on any of the above 3 link takes me to the Main management screen.

My suggeestion was to add a likk somewhere on the first screen of the Connect plugin tat would take me directly to the Main management screen of the server. Just a quicker way to get to where I want to go. Maybe make the name of the server (in my screenshot "ted") a link that directly opens a new tab of the Main management screen.

Thanks for all the hard work and looking forward to updates to Connect and 6.12!

Mike

One of the issues with the previous system is that we made assumptions about what URL would work from your current location. Depending on how your network is configured and whether you are using VPN, http://ted.local may or may not work and the Connect Dashboard doesn't have a way to know for sure. So we display all the options and let you pick. Perhaps we can give you the option to "remember" the choice down the road, but that complicates things because we'd also need a way for you to "forget" the choice.

The best way to use this is to provision a myunraid.net certificate. Once you do that, client side code on the Connect Dashboard can query your myunraid.net URL and see if your browser can access it. If so, the Connect Dashboard will automatically use that URL.

You say you have already provisioned a myunraid.net url, interesting. Would you please upload the diagnostics.zip from Tools -> Diagnostics on one of your systems that has a myunraid.net certificate?  Also, please open a web terminal and run this command, then copy/paste the output here:

unraid-api report -v