Slow drives after transistion to Unraid [6.11.5]

Hello!

I just made the leap into Unraid from Windows and am mostly setup (no parity drive just yet as I still have some copying between unassigned and pool drives).

I am having some issues that I would like to resolve:

1. I setup an SMB share and when I am connected to the share in Windows (10 PRO) my mouse is constantly alternating between a normal cursor and loading cursor. Never seen this behavior, what would cause it? Connection doesn't seem stable.

2. Drive to drive seems slower, when I was backing up my main drives to other drives to empty them (In Windows) to get them into the pool they would copy 170-200 MB/s internally, and now using MC (in Unraid) moving the data back (No Parity drive yet) after pooling they are around 120-150 MB/s (NTFS to XFS).

Notes:

I setup link aggregation and this did not improve my copying (shouldn't have as before I just used 1G ethernet in Windows and it was faster but thought I would try.)

I am linked at 1G on both ethernet ports (as per Unraid).

I am not copying from a drive that is in use.

I am not using Parity just yet, again I am copying FROM the server so shouldn't make a difference.

Copy TO the server, the same speed (105 MB/s) persists.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks,

--Phil

Edited by PSteward
  • PSteward changed the title to Slow drives after transistion to Unraid [6.11.5]