[SOLVED] New server, "unmountable unsupported partition layout", no format option

SOLVED.

I installed Unassigned Devices but forgot to set Destructive Mode to "Enabled"

===============

I feel like a noob... 

This is my second unraid server, all new. First server has been in use 7+ years. I don't remember having any issues when I built it.

New install of unraid. 12 x 20TB drivers (1 for parity). I ran one cycle of preclear, no problems. I added all the drives to the array and started the array. Got the  "unmountable unsupported partition layout" message next to each drive. Remembered I need to format the drives. No option anywhere I can find to format the drives.

Unraid 6.11.5

Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F

24 bay 4U

This server was running unraid up until a year ago when I transfered the drives and USB flash to new hardware. Reusing it as a backup server.

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 9.36.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 9.36.21 PM.png

Edited by subagon
  • subagon changed the title to [SOLVED] New server, "unmountable unsupported partition layout", no format option
8 hours ago, subagon said:

itimpi,

Sorry, my screenshots didn't show the array after I started it. However, after starting the array, the format button wasn't there. I was able the format the driver using unassignerd devices after I enabled Destructive Mode.

Never heard of the format button not showing after starting the array if you have unmountable drives present so not sure why this happened to you