Cache Problems After Move and Long Downtime

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi all,

I am still relatively new to UNRAID. Although a friend helped me set it up and I've spent some time watching tutorials on YouTube, I am still a novice and there may be obvious errors, so my apologies in advance if that's the case. Definitely open to any suggested optimizations or changes.

I recently moved states, and the server was unplugged for quite a while (about 2 months). I recall doing a shutdown before I unplugged everything, but on startup the server reported an "unsafe shutdown."

Now, the pools and shares appear to be running normally and I can access the network shares from local systems. Docker ran normally for about half a day, but Docker has stopped completely and Fix Common Problems is reporting two errors:

Error Found: Unable to write to cache. Suggested Fix: Drive mounted read-only or completely full

Error Found: Unable to write to Docker Image Suggested Fix: Docker Image either full or corrupted.

FYI, I am also about 60% through a parity check. Mine typically takes about 24 hours, since my parity drive is 14TB. Is that normal? Would be nice to run it entirely overnight.

I've attached the diagnostics zip

Thank you in advance for any help

towerofpower-diagnostics-20230513-1017.zip

• Solution

It looks like your docker image file is corrupt and your cache drive has dropped offline.    You might have to run a power cycle to get to back online.

3 hours ago, ChefJeff789 said:

FYI, I am also about 60% through a parity check. Mine typically takes about 24 hours, since my parity drive is 14TB. Is that normal? Would be nice to run it entirely overnight

That is actually a good time for a drive that size.

You might want to install the Parity Check Tuning plugin to run the check in increments outside prime time.

Tried a few reboots and didn't work. Opened up the case and the SATA cable on the cache drive had worked itself loose. I feel like an idiot, haha. Seems to be working just fine now.

Thanks for the help, though, and the pointer on Parity Check Tuning. Have installed that and will set it up to do checks at night.