Not using cache and R/W stats are impossible

Hello,

First and foremost, my cache pool is suddenly being circumvented and FileZilla is downloading straight to the Array, seemingly.

Second, is despite FileZilla reporting full speeds of around and up to 64 MBps, Unraid's Main tab is reporting... confusing results. Reading = writing?

Please help/tell me what to do.

Thanks!

Speed.png

Unraid Array.png

Edited by TheControlled

I ama little confused by your description as the cache IS a pool - do you really mean it is writing directly to the array?

It might help if you uploaded your system's diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread so we can see something about how your system is set up.  It might also help if you posted a screenshot of your FileZilla configuration.

16 minutes ago, TheControlled said:

Regarding FileZilla, do you mean the docker's settings or the settings in-app?

I was interested in seeing the docker settings so I could see what volume level mappings you had in case any of them looked relevant.

Could not spot anything obvious in the diagnostics, except that if the free space on the cache dropped below 90 GB the Minimum free space setting on several of the shares would kick in and then the files would start by-passing the cache.  However at the moment the free space on the ‘cache’ pool is more than this so it should not currently be relevant.   Is it any specific shares that you think are exhibiting this behaviour?

BTW:

•  It is also a good idea to set a Minimum Free Space setting on the cache pool as well as btrfs systems tend to start mis-behaving if they get too full.
  • you have several .cfg files in the config/shares folder for shares that it looks like no longer exist.   A good idea to delete any like that so the diagnostics are a little clearer on what share you are actually using.

What was really weird to me was the even though I was downloading stuff from my FTP server, the only thing that was active was a disk on the array and it was only "Reading" not writing. Stranger still, was when I checked on things early before work today, my cache was suddenly full, even though it was holding steady despite me downloading around 500GB via FileZilla, and Mover kept saying it was finished.

So it's like it was going straight to an array disk, then moved to cache, then got moved back after I manually turned on Mover this morning. I guess?? 

Is it any specific shares that you think are exhibiting this behaviour?

So I will say that at one point, I was downloading stuff straight into a folder inside "Unraid_Shares_1" using Krusader to make a folder there. I'll be honest, I was just following a SpaceInvaderOne tutorial and mostly forgot how I initially made shares and Krusader bookmarks etc.

How do I get to those .cfg files so I can delete them?

Thanks for your help.

Opera Snapshot_2023-05-16_225548_newflesh.local.png

4 hours ago, TheControlled said:

How do I get to those .cfg files so I can delete them?

If you have Dynamix File Manager installed then you can use it to delete the files  Go to the Boot device on the Main tab and then click on the folder icon at the far right to browse the flash drive.