New Build - Hard Drive Errors

Hi,

I'm running version 4.7 on a HP Proliant Microserver with three 2TB sata drives, all green - one Samsung, one Western Digital and one Seagate.

When I ran a preclear (details here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=4068.msg137735#msg137735), I got 6 sectors pending reallocation on the WD drive (data drive #2).

I built the parity, after which the WD drive reported 600+ errors (can't remember the exact amount).

I then ran a parity check and the WD drive now reports 1202 errors.

Should I be concerned?

syslog.zip

Hi,

I'm running version 4.7 on a HP Proliant Microserver with three 2TB sata drives, all green - one Samsung, one Western Digital and one Seagate.

When I ran a preclear (details here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=4068.msg137735#msg137735), I got 6 sectors pending reallocation on the WD drive (data drive #2).

I built the parity, after which the WD drive reported 600+ errors (can't remember the exact amount).

I then ran a parity check and the WD drive now reports 1202 errors.

Should I be concerned?

In a word, yes.

You say you are getting errors but are not explaining where you are seeing these error counts.  Could you post a screenshot demonstrating where you are seeing these errors?  You also need to post a complete syslog for the period during which you got the errors to help diagnose what might be going wrong.

You say you are getting errors but are not explaining where you are seeing these error counts.  Could you post a screenshot demonstrating where you are seeing these errors?

Sorry, the errors showed up on the "unRAID Main" screen after I ran the parity sync and check. Screenshot is attached

You also need to post a complete syslog for the period during which you got the errors to help diagnose what might be going wrong.

The syslog I posted was taken after I noticed the errors. I assume it has everything in it.

Thanks for your help.

Screenshot.JPG.a39ed47f5a0b4b4757a71c6a3ca9a64c.JPG

Disk 2 looks bad. A disk with pending sectors after a pre-clear is not a good sign. It should be repeatedly pre-cleared until there are no sectors pending and the reallocated sector count stabilizes. If more than a couple of sectors are reallocated the disk should be RMAed.

Archived