how do i fix this? and why is it so hard to add a nic......

Go to solution Solved by ljm42,

the pix show the problem. and the title shows my frustration..... i added a 10g NIC and now i have this. i cant remove the old nic it is on the board so i am stuck with this problem. i dont want the on board nic at all and i do not know linux comand line...... so if "its easy just do it in the terminal" ill be just as lost.....

1.PNG.849309d7f99aef771764d1755dca8d0b.PNG2.PNG.2e6576ba2dadb56d1b6f3f3250f4d357.PNG

Edited by Gothix
  • Solution

You can probably disable the onboard NIC in your BIOS.

Or you can go to Settings -> Network Settings -> Interface rules and adjust so that the 10GB nic is eth0

Either way, note that when your server reboots it will get a different IP address from the router since the 10GB nic has a different mac address. It might help to have a monitor on the server so you can see the ip address on the console when the system boots.

46 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

You can probably disable the onboard NIC in your BIOS.

Or you can go to Settings -> Network Settings -> Interface rules and adjust so that the 10GB nic is eth0

Either way, note that when your server reboots it will get a different IP address from the router since the 10GB nic has a different mac address. It might help to have a monitor on the server so you can see the ip address on the console when the system boots.

100% fix thank you!!!

• Like 1