Moving dockerimage from one pool to another

UNRAID: 6.11.5

Hi friends,

After some time my sketchy NVMe drive has failed and occasionally after running fine it will spew out Btrfs read-only errors, soft-locking the server until a full power cycle. The only thing I have on this drive/pool is my dockerimage in file/folder format.

I have another pool with a single SATA m.2 SSD, also Btrfs, that stores my Docker Appdata folders. I don't think it would really be worth replacing this 512GB NVMe drive, assuming container performance will likely be similar on a SATA drive.

Since the NVMe drive is seemingly normal until it inevitably locks up, should I, & what would be the proper way to move the dockerimage files to the SATA drive/pool?

cache files.png

array.png

In an interesting find from when I set this up long ago, I found that my Docker image directory was pointing at "/mnt/cache/dockerimage/" instead of the "/mnt/user/dockerimage" share that exists. I'm not really sure if there are any consequences of this, or if it could even potentially be the cause of the drive locking up? In any case, I suppose the safest move is just setting it to a user share on "Appdata"/sdg instead of hoping setting it to the cache share would fix it...

There is nothing wrong with pointing directly to a folder on a pool as all top level folders on any array drives or any pools are automatically part of the User Share with the same name as the folder.   It has the advantage that as it is by-passing the User `share fuse support level it tends to give better performance.

However since Linux is case sensitive it is important that the path has the same case as you put in the path.