Upgrading server question

I have an odd setup I think that I am looking into upgrading. I use an old dell poweredge server with a perc h700 raid controller for the 8 hot swappable drives on the front. I have them set up as individual raid arrays so that unraid can control what files end up on each drive and not the raid controller. I am upgrading all of the hardware to a newer poweredge server I was going to set it up with a similar type of setup letting unraid handle the drives again, my question is if I just transfer the drives over to the new server which has a newer raid controller card will unriad still be able to know that the drives I transfer over were the same drives as before? Obviously I am trying to not have to do massive file transfers and just use the same drives until I go through more effort to upgrade them to larger drives. I don't want to take the chance that it might cause data loss when I transfer over. has anyone experienced anything like this or have any suggestions to try without risking data loss? As far as I am concerned if the answer is no don't try you are better off setting it up to transfer files for a week I will transfer files for a week but I thought I would reach out to the community and ask 

if it helps at all in the Identification: fields on all of the drives look similar to this

PERC_H700_00e2177105e3ae692300961f34b0bc82_36782bcb0341f96002369aee3057117e2

its the fact that it says PERC_H700 in the beginning of the identification that makes me question if unraid will be able to match up the drives.

thanks in advance for anyone who has any info

3 minutes ago, Svelmold said:

if I just transfer the drives over to the new server which has a newer raid controller card will unriad still be able to know that the drives I transfer over were the same drives as before?

Most likely not, and in that case you could do a new config but there's a not so small change that the disks won't mount, it's usually possible to fix but it involves rebuilding all the disks one at the time, like this:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/84717-solved-moving-drives-from-non-hba-raid-card-to-hba/?do=findComment&comment=794399

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply. In my case I am actually migrating 2 old unraid servers into 1 new one and was going to be buying new hard drives anyway, so the slow method of transferring files is a real option for me. Without a clear "of course you can" I think I am going to go with the safer slower method.