Adding 2nd Cache Drive Parity?

Doing some poking around it seems that adding a second cache drive does not give you pairty but a raid 1 config? I was looking at having some redundancy for the cache drive, the primary cache drive was not new (Samsung Evo 860 ssd).

The second cache drive I added (EVO 850) also kicked out a crc error count. I'm assuming I dont want to use this drive anymore with it already having issues. Is there a particular process to remove the bad(?) cache drive I added? I have a new one coming today.

Thanks

cache1.jpg

5 minutes ago, gadget069 said:

Doing some poking around it seems that adding a second cache drive does not give you pairty but a raid 1 config?

Correct.

5 minutes ago, gadget069 said:

The second cache drive I added (EVO 850) also kicked out a crc error count.

This is usually a bad SATA cable, replace it and see if the errors don't keep increasing.

• Like 1

The errors have not increased since the initial install. I do have different cables to try. I had picked up some CableCreation sata cables from Amazon. No issues with the other 4 I've used in this system

I still think I may replace this drive just in case. Nothing special to do when replacing this drive? It is not the primary chache drive.

Thanks

image.thumb.png.289f871c1e775c86360a06e0a61b5ccf.png