Docker IP Address Missing

Go to solution Solved by Grimbone,

Hello everyone,

I need some help with some server issues. I came home today to find my cache drive was full and my Docker containers were all stopped. Seeing this I immediately stopped the array and proceeded to restart the server. After the server rebooted, the cache drive was now at 80% and everything seemed just fine. I then stopped the auto parity check and did a appdata backup using the CA Backup Appdata v2.5 plugin.

Once the backup finished, I checked the Docker containers and noticed that the some of the IP's that were normally showing were now missing. I would normally see a 192.168.1.* address. Another thing noticed was the WebUI's are not functioning and go to a about:blank#blocked page. Also, Plex can be accessed locally but not remotely.

So I guess I am facing two problems:

1. Why are IP's missing from the Docker containers.

2. Why did the cache drive fill up to cause the Docker containers to stop.

Anyone have any insight to why this may be happening?

I have attached the diagnostics.

nas-pc-diagnostics-20230613-2354.zip

Edited by Grimbone

To stop the pool (cache) filling up you should set the Minimum Free Space as described here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

it looks like the cache drive is too small to store the things you have set it to store (appdata, system, domains).

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, itimpi said:

To stop the pool (cache) filling up you should set the Minimum Free Space as described here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

it looks like the cache drive is too small to store the things you have set it to store (appdata, system, domains).

I reviewed the link you gave me and made the changes to the Minimum Free Space.

Any idea what the issue may be with the Docker containers IP?

Thank you!

• Solution

Update!

So I rebooted and the IP came back but I could not access Plex remotely, I couldn't update dockers and I couldn't retrieve new apps. When I went to Apps tab I got a message to use a static dns and it suggested 208.67.222.222 to use. So I went into setting > network settings and changed IPv4 DNS server assignment: to static and IPv4 DNS server: 208.67.222.222 and now everything works.

Was this the solution? it seems to be but I just want to make sure and also can I use any DNS IP?