Unraid breaks time

I have dual boot win7 and unraid.

My win7 would boot up every time with correct time and synched. Then I boot my unraid.

Unraid has my current time when it gets booted. Then I press power button to signal shutdown, in the console it says writing time to hardware clock. Next I boot back to my win 7 and the time is really wrong.

I am in PST zone. Any suggestions?

I have dual boot win7 and unraid.

My win7 would boot up every time with correct time and synched. Then I boot my unraid.

Unraid has my current time when it gets booted. Then I press power button to signal shutdown, in the console it says writing time to hardware clock. Next I boot back to my win 7 and the time is really wrong.

I am in PST zone. Any suggestions?

Do you have the correct time-zone set in unRAID?

if i remember correctly, linux and windows save the time differently to the machine.

windows saves the time of your selected time zone and linux saves the gmt time and calculates the correct time each time it is viewed.

or maybe the other way around. can't remember. i only know, that i had similar problems with a dual booting system some years ago...

I would suggest you lie to the unRAID install, tell it you are in GMT (but keep Windows set to PST), then when it reads from or writes the time back to the cmos it won't apply any time zone changes, so maybe it won't "screw up the time for Windows". 

Regards,

Stephen

Archived