Adaptec asr-71605 "EFIBlockIOReadBlocks: LBA out of range"

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I'm trying to upgrade my unraid server from an old Asus Z9pe-d8 WS to an Asus Tuf Z690-plus wifi. Unfortunately my Adaptec card started throwing the error "EFIBlockIOReadBlocks: LBA out of range BlockIO-Command Failed"

"GPT header corruption has been detected, please check SATA mode setting in BIOS Setup, or you can use [Boot Sector (MBR/GPT) Recovery Policy] item under [Boot Configuration] page to recover gpt header." - Solved

Any idea what's happening? I can access the hba through the bios.

Edit: looks like I was dealing with 2 issues. My flash drive gave out and there's something with my hba. I can login to unraid now but all my disks are unmountable. "Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout"

Edited by thatnovaguy
  • thatnovaguy changed the title to Adaptec asr-71605 "EFIBlockIOReadBlocks: LBA out of range"
Just now, JorgeB said:

Depends on the damage, if parity is valid you can unassign one of the data disks, then start the array, if that emulated disk mounts and contents look correct you can then rebuild on top, then need to repeat for the remaining disks.

Last night I removed disk 1 from the array and started the array to a "Disk missing" message and no emulation.

This morning I re-added the disk and the array started to rebuild the data so I'm honestly not sure what's happening.

I plan to replace the adaptec card with an LSI 9300-16i. Think that will give me any trouble?

38 minutes ago, thatnovaguy said:

Think that will give me any trouble?

It's a much better option, but don't know if it can help recover existing data.

38 minutes ago, thatnovaguy said:

Last night I removed disk 1 from the array and started the array to a "Disk missing" message and no emulation.

Post new diags after doing that.

• Solution
10 minutes ago, thatnovaguy said:

Can I run xfs repair without rebuilding from parity?

Nope, first you'd need unassign the next disk, start array so Unraid can recreate the partition, see if the emulated disk mounts, if not run xfs_repair, then if fixed rebuild, then repeat for the other disks.

On 6/20/2023 at 7:32 AM, JorgeB said:

Nope, first you'd need unassign the next disk, start array so Unraid can recreate the partition, see if the emulated disk mounts, if not run xfs_repair, then if fixed rebuild, then repeat for the other disks.

Thank you for all of your help. I managed to save all the data in my array.

• Like 1