We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Can unraid do direct downloads?

gokuz

I've searched throughout but cant find an answer so bear with me.

I know theres torrent for unraid but does unraid have direct download managers for megaupload, fileserve, filesonic, etc?

My current nas which is around 2 years can do it, so why not right  :o

But i can't find an answer, plugin, script, read them all in the wiki, nada

If i missed it do tell

Thanks!  ;D

I've searched throughout but cant find an answer so bear with me.

I know theres torrent for unraid but does unraid have direct download managers for megaupload, fileserve, filesonic, etc?

My current nas which is around 2 years can do it, so why not right  :o

But i can't find an answer, plugin, script, read them all in the wiki, nada

If i missed it do tell

Thanks!  ;D

There was talk about it in the Applications forum I think, but I don't think anyone has tried all that hard.  I find torrents and nzb's to be better then megaupload et al

Did you find the thread with the pyLoad install? It works great and has been updated a couple of times since that discussion.

My guide is here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=10883.msg121782#msg121782

I'd recommend installing python and unrar from the unmenu package manager and downloading the latest version of pyLoad from the website. Other than that its all good. There's even an extension for chrome to send links from your desktop to your unraid box. If you've got an android phone you can get access from there too with the pyload app. I'll answer any questions in the other thread as I guess this is now going to be closed/locked

Archived