New Build - Thoughts?

PaulW08

Let me preface this post by showing my current build:

CPU: AMD 3900x

Motherboard: Asrock X570 Taichi

Memory: 128GB DDR4 Non-ECC

PSU: Seasonic SS-660XP2 660W

GPUs: 1x Nvidia 1660TI (6GB) for transcoding and 1x Nvidia 1070 (8GB) for my BlueIris VM

HDD for Main Array: 3x 14TB WD Red, 2x 10TB WD Red, 1x 10TB Seagate IronWolf, 1x 8TB WD Red

52 TB of usable space, with 2x 14TB being lost to parity. Using only 17.5TB currently.

Cache: 1x 1TB MSI M470 nvme and 1x 1TB Sabrent nvme, running in a Raid 1.

HDD for test pool: 2x 2TB 2.5" Seagate BarraCuda drives running in a Raid 0.

I run one Windows 10 VM currently with a BlueIris install on it. I run about 20 dockers with the most resource intensive one being Emby. I also have a separate gaming machine with these quick specs:

CPU: AMD 3700g

Motherboard: X570 Phantom Gaming 4

GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3

PSU: 650W EVGA SuperNova

Memory: 32GB DDR4 Non-ECC

I am considering combining my gaming machine and Unraid server and moving it to a VM. I rarely use my gaming machine and when I do it's more for productivity vs actual gaming. I’m not too worried about anti-cheat issues with a VM since I have a SteamDeck I do most of my gaming on nowadays with a Windows partition on it. The current machine has every PCIe expansion slot filled, and the case is packed. It’s a 4U Rosewill Rack Mounted case.

Based on all this I’ve come up with this for my next build:

CPU: 12700K – Will probably upgrade to the 14th Gen Raptor Lake refresh down the road, but this is cost effective for my needs now.

Motherboard: Asus Pro WS W680-ACE IPMI – I like the idea of IPMI. The board is pricey, but with the existing SATA ports and the SlimSAS port I don’t think I will need a SAS expansion card, saving a PCIe slot.

Memory: 64GB DDR5 ECC – Really all I need. Mainly used for Emby Transcoding. Will probably move to 128GB for more flexibility down the road.

GPUs: 1x EVGA 3070FTW for Gaming VM, 1x Intel ARC A380 for the BlueIris VM (Hoping to swap this with the iGPU once we get on a kernel with Intel Arc support and let the Arc A380 handle Emby transcodes,)

PSU: 1000W – High quality 1000W PSU that will hopefully be enough for all my hardware.

HDDs and SSDs: Staying the same

So questions I have for the more experienced Unraid users. Is 1000W fine for my setup? Is doing a gaming VM a bad idea? Any noticeable flaws in this plan? Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone!