Unraid server no longer shows up

Hi

it has been ages since i build the server and it has been nearly always on. i had to shut it down because someone in the house needed to work on electricity.
i turned of the server some  plugin (i don't remember the name) from  that would do a clean shutdown after a short press on the power button.

Thew server went through its shut down sequence seeing from the lights dancing around.

but now when i start it up it seems to remain offline. i can't see it in the dhcp server.

i tried restarting the router. server, pc but it remains no show.
the server is headless and is was so long ago i build it I basically forgot most things related too it.

could anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction trying to figure  out what is wrong and how to fix it?

Regards,
E..

Edited by Heretic

so the first question is why does it not show up?

could it be corrupted unraid software or must it be it hardware related?

i have no vga screen to connect and ipmi got corrupted (or hacked?) tho I assume if it does not show up in the DHCP server it is impossible to connect anyway or am i mistaken about that?

in the worst case scenario i need to figure out how to move some of the files from the discs (mainly Music, Dont care to much about series and movies)

downloaded the ipmi software and it found the motherboard. so the cable is working.

unfortunately i don't remember the login and pas for ipmi.  and cant find it in my notes either . i do remember however that when i tried to login in the past it would no longer accept the credentials so even if i had it it would most likely no longer work. I also don't have a VGA monitor so currently have no way of getting in.

I'm not familiar enough with linux  to understand what needs to happen for the server to show up in the DHCP server. could it be the flash drive got corrupted or failed?

or should it have shown up before that?

in the worst case i just have to find  tool to mount my drives externally on my pc and copy the files i want to recover.

• 2 weeks later...

4.7 even if I'm not mistaken.

not sure what happened. it had to take the power off for a while could have been as much a dead motherboard battery causing a firmware reset, but I'm just guessing at this point.
the system has only VGA out. I "borrowed" my monitor that had VGA to a friend. but is their fams only monitor so it would break my heart to go and collect it.

I bought a device on which i should be ably to mount drives via external USB. I just need to find some free software that allows me to mount them min win 10 and being able to copy them,

all i care for is the music and maybe some education courses.  most of it was movies and TV series. and I stopped watching TV and movies ages ago i could not care less for that content.
I have some screenshots with my drive setup so i think i should be able to recognize serienumbers if those match externally.

I'm feeling is probably something simple like a reset bios or maybe a failed USB drive.. then again the system is like 12 years old.

I think for now i just try to retrieve the files i care about. maybe in time i will have the opportunity to connect to the system.

Edited by Heretic
typos