Unraid will not boot (normal or safe mode) after installing new Nvidia GPU

I'm wondering if you can assist me with another issue? 

I'm running an Intel I5-12600k with a Gigabyte Z690 board. Everything is brand new and tested so it works. 

I can boot no problem to Unraid GUI when Intel integrated graphics is used, but I cannot boot into Unraid when installing a GPU in the PCI slot. I've tried 3 different cards with no luck. I'm currently trying to boot into Unraid with an Nvidia GTX1080 (I know this GPU works as it has been tested/used in other systems), but the system gets hung up at, 'Intel_rapl_common: Found RAPL domain core'. I ensured I deactivated the integrated graphics in the bios as well. The screen is frozen at this stage and I cannot cntrl+alt+delete or anything. I have to reset the system. When I boot in GUI safe mode, I get one step further to a black screen with a flashing cursor in the top left, and if I press 'esc' the computer will restart. 

Basically I cannot get Unraid running unless I use the Intel Processor built in GPU. I cannot get any GPU's to work after several attempts. Would you mind giving me a hand with this? Is there a plugin or app I should be installing? Thanks

Matt

I'm gonna just assume you're trying to boot via EFI and for that you need the Nvidia drivers. I don't know if the board is capable supporting legacy bios boot. If it does, disable EFI boot on the usb stick by renaming the EFI folder to -EFI.

Otherwise, boot in the Unraid version without GUI and use a different computer (or Smartphone) to access the website and install the Nvidia drivers via the community apps and then reboot the pc and you can select the GUI boot method 

You bet, I have a monitor plugged into the card and I disable the onboard GPU in the Bios. The only thing left I can try is installing the Nvidia drivers from another PC and rebooting in EFI. If that doesn't work I'm not sure what to do. It would be really helpful if a basic Nvidia and Radeon driver was part of the Unraid software, and auto detects the GPU automatically; applying the driver as needed. I mean, obviously most people will run one of these two GPU's. 

4 hours ago, 142Hallcrescent said:

I will give it a shot and let you know, thank you very much!

It took a while until i figured that one out too. Wanted to test something before changing stuff on the real machine and that one just happend to have a 1060 in it. Same thing, blinking courser and all. Was quiet baffled until i figured out that bios just straight up works fine (but wonky with higher resolution screens) but uefi needs the drivers to work.