Wazuh with docker compose

i am attempting to get wazuh running on my engineering server (that also hosts acouple of VM'S) in docker.     I used the guide here https://documentation.wazuh.com/current/deployment-options/docker/wazuh-container.html

so far what i did was copy the contents of the "single node" directory, to the wazuh docker project folder created by unraid.  This put the .yml file in the right spot and unraid was able to start the stack  with compose manager (but it didn't do anything).    If you follow the instructions at the link, you also need to generate certs and I think that's where the failure is.   I get a error after the certs are generated.    

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track to get this working so want to check in on alternative methods before i continue down this path. 

this is the error I get when trying to run the certs docker compose  file

root@ENGINEERING-SVR:/boot/config/plugins/compose.manager/projects/wazuh# sudo docker-compose -f generate-indexer-certs.yml run --rm generator
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 26847  100 26847    0     0   476k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  476k
Cert tool exists in Packages bucket
25/07/2023 14:37:26 INFO: Admin certificates created.
25/07/2023 14:37:27 INFO: Wazuh indexer certificates created.
25/07/2023 14:37:27 INFO: Wazuh server certificates created.
25/07/2023 14:37:27 INFO: Wazuh dashboard certificates created.
Moving created certificates to destination directory
changing certificate permissions
Setting UID indexer and dashboard
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/admin-key.pem': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/admin.pem': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/root-ca-manager.key': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/root-ca-manager.pem': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/root-ca.key': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/root-ca.pem': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/wazuh.dashboard-key.pem': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/wazuh.dashboard.pem': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/wazuh.indexer-key.pem': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/wazuh.indexer.pem': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/wazuh.manager-key.pem': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/wazuh.manager.pem': Operation not permitted
Setting UID for wazuh manager and worker
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/root-ca-manager.pem': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/root-ca-manager.key': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/wazuh.manager.pem': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/certificates/wazuh.manager-key.pem': Operation not permitted

Edited by Mad_Scientist
  • 3 months later...