No internet connection

Go to solution Solved by Hubsaab,

I have been running Unraid for around 8 months now and suddenly my server seems to no longer be able to access the internet. The other day I did look into using Unraid Connect and provisioned a certificate, it may have broke after this but I'm not really sure, I just noticed it earlier today as some of my apps were not working. I tried deleting the certificate but it did not help, and have since tried numerous things: deleted network.cfg, swapped dns servers, reset my router, restarted the server many times, tried another eth cable, and scoured the internet but haven't really found another post like this. Locally accessible, but pinging anything external (8.8.8.8 or google.com) in the Unraid terminal results in 100% packet loss. Any ideas? I can provide diagnostics if needed

Edited by Hubsaab
Add details

Just a follow-up, it seems to be router related - swapping to a different static ip resolves the issue and it returns upon swapping back. I unplugged the router for a bit last night and fell asleep before seeing if it helped, and it was actually working again this morning on the original static ip address before it stopped working again within the next few hours. It might just be time to get my own router, I have Comcast Xfinity and I'm using MoCA with the server and my main PC connected using a switch that's plugged into the MoCA adapter. MoCA devices do not seem to show up in the port forwarding device list that they force you to use, so I have finessed this by assigning a non-MoCA device to the same ip and port forwarding it and then switching back. I'm not sure if this could be related but I have had it like this for months without any issue, so I have no idea why things have suddenly stopped working with that ip address. I would not care which static ip I use, but I have tons of configurations across various apps, cloudflared tunnels, etc that require updating whenever I change the server address...

Edited by Hubsaab

Still having issues, not really sure the issue at this point. When it happens, switching static ip addresses allows me to ping successfully in the Unraid terminal, but the community apps page, docker containers, etc do not seem to have internet connectivity. I can even ping from a docker container successfully, but the applications themselves do not work. With time it seems to eventually resolve itself, worked until now for about 28 hours and has suddenly stopped working again.

Any help greatly appreciated!

hub-server-diagnostics-20230731-2127.zip

Edited by Hubsaab

Everything looks normal to me on the server side, could be a router or network issue, try to simplify your network as much as possible, just for testing, i.e., you can try connecting the server directly to the router and disconnect anything else from the network, in case there's something else interfering.

• 3 months later...