Question regarding <Share> / <Folder> after Cache format change to ZFS

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I setup my first Unraid system the other day and I I have not added any dockers/VMs/anything to it yet except for a couple of the community apps so I could preclear my drives.

My cache were drives in BTRFS raid1, and I wanted to change them to ZFS, so I reformatted them to ZFS, but I did not back them up because I had not added anything to the system yet.  

The change I noticed is that after doing that, when I look at my arrays on /mnt/cache and /mnt/diskxyz, under the Size column, it used to say <share> and now it says <folder>.  Did I do something wrong that caused a change there, and do I need to do something to fix that or is it fine as is now?  Thanks for any help.

On 7/31/2023 at 1:15 PM, JorgeB said:

I expect it will always show folder in that view, at least it does for me, with zfs and other filesystem, shares are just top level folders, if you go to Shares they will still all be there.

Ok, gotcha.  It threw me off because I only changed the cache drive to ZFS, but the array of HDDs, I left in XFS - I did not realize that they would both appear differently.  

Thanks for the explanation - once I get home I will check that everything works when I start trying to add data.

Edit:  Everything seems to be in working order, so I believe that was correct.  Thank you for the info!

Edited by DangerYoshi
Solved